It's the fastest way of knowing when you're at risk from coronavirus (COVID-19). The quicker you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones, and your community.
The more of us that use it, the better we can control coronavirus.
Protect your loved ones. Please download the app. You can only download it on a mobile device.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone aged 16 or over who lives in England or Wales can use the NHS COVID-19 app.
How does it work?
The NHS COVID-19 app has been built in collaboration with some of the most innovative organisations in the world.
We've worked with medical experts, privacy groups and at-risk communities. And we've shared knowledge with the teams working on similar apps in many countries.
The app runs on proven software developed by Apple and Google, designed so that nobody will know who or where you are. And you can delete your data, or the app, at any time.
It has a number of features:
- Trace: find out when you've been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: get alerted if you've visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
The app is available in the following languages:
- Punjabi (Gurmukhi script)
- Chinese (Simplified
- Arabic (Modern Standard)
Additional languages and refinements will follow.